I am looking for a farm manager to run a dairy farm in Nanyuki.
The farm has 80 cows and farm land for planting animal feed, farm machinery for dairy meal production.
Milk production is the main business with sale of in calf heifers,
Duties and Responsibilities
- The FM shall develop feeding regimen for cows in different groups.
- the FM shall plan for hay and silage storage with a minimum of 1-year worth of stored food reserves.
- Marketing. The FM should source markets for the produce and his/ her timing in crop planting, market research, coordinating transportation etc
- The FM shall plan ahead to plant corn, Guatemala grass, Lucerne, Napier grass and help in preparation of the silage to meet future demands.
The FM shall maintain milk production records, cost of feeding the cows in various categories e.g. Cost of hay, cost of Napier grass, maize jam, dairy meal etc.
- Passion for proper animal husbandry practices.
- Degree in dairy management and added advantage
Please email the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 759069878